House fire in Vancouver displaces family of eight

House fire in Vancouver displaces family of eight

first_imgA chimney fire at a house in Vancouver’s Sunnyside neighborhood Tuesday night displaced a family of eight.Firefighters were called to the house, 9908 N.E. 107th St., for a fire that started in the chimney pipe, Deputy Clark County Fire Marshal Dan Young said.The residents sprayed water on the flames and called 911 at about 7:45 p.m., Young said. Crews arrived and tore into the wall and the attic, where the fire had spread. The damage to the house was estimated at about $40,000, Young said. Two adults and six children were displaced by the fire, Young said, and volunteers with the American Red Cross responded to assist them.Young said that with the weather turning colder, it is a good idea to have chimneys inspected and cleaned.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Comments