Tag: 一品楼 天津 和平区

Detained journalists and bloggers appear in court

first_img Follow the news on Bahrain News March 17, 2021 Find out more October 14, 2020 Find out more News Reporters Without Borders reiterates its condemnation of the arbitrary behaviour of the Bahraini judicial system, which has postponed the trials of several detained news and information providers in the past two weeks.The judicial authorities must abandon all the trumped-up charges they have brought against journalists just because they covered anti-government street protests, the media freedom organization said.Reporters Without Borders also calls on the authorities to systematically order independent investigations whenever torture and mistreatment in detention is alleged. Failure to investigate violates article 12 of the UN Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.RWB and nine other human rights groups wrote to Frank La Rue, the UN special rapporteur on freedom of opinion and expression, and Juan Méndez, the UN special rapporteur on torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment, on 15 December asking them to investigate the arrests, detention and torture of three Bahraini journalists.Arrested for covering recent protests, the three journalists – reporter Mohamed Hassan, freelance photographer Hussain Hubail and freelance cameraman Qassim Zain AlDeen – all say they were tortured. Hassan has been released but Hubail and Deen are still held.In the latest act of judicial foot-dragging, a judge yesterday postponed the well-known photographer Ahmed Humeidan’s trial until 26 March, when a verdict is supposed to be issued. He has been held since December 2012 on a charge of attacking a police station in Sitra in April 2012, although he was not even there at the time.His trial began last February but the prosecution kept on postponing hearings because it had difficulty producing witnesses. His lawyer has repeatedly but unsuccessfully requested an independent investigation into his client’s allegations of torture. His requests to the prison authorities to let his client be examined by a doctor have also been unsuccessful.On 27 January, the trial of the freelance photographer Hussain Hubail and the blogger Jassim Al-Nuaimi were postponed until 16 February for the final defence statements.Winner of the independent newspaper Al-Wasat’s prize in May 2013 for a photo of protesters in a cloud of teargas, Hubail was arrested on 31 July and was charged on 21 August with “managing (electronic) accounts calling for the government’s overthrow,” “promoting and inciting hatred against the government,” “inciting others to disobey the law,” and calling for illegal demonstrations. He was also charged with “contributing to the Twitter account of the 14 February media network.” During the 27 January hearing, he accused a certain Lt. Fawaz Al-Sameem of torturing him and threatening him and the women in his family with rape.Nuaimi, who was a very active blogger during the uprising, was arrested at his home by masked plainclothesmen on 31 July 2013 on charges of using social media to incite anti-government hatred and call for illegal demonstrations.After being held for several days at the General Directorate of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), he was transferred to Dry Dock prison on 3 August, only to be transferred back to the CID and then taken before a prosecutor. He says he was tortured and forced to sign a confession.During the 27 January hearing, Nuaimi testified that he was not in Bahrain when the offending messages were posted and that he had sold his computer before they were posted, so he could not have been responsible. According to information received by Reporters Without Borders, Hubail and Nuaimi reported that Red Cross representatives examined them earlier this month in connection with their claims of mistreatment.Abdullah Salman Al-Jerdabi, a photographer who was arrested on 13 September 2013, was sentenced on 22 January to six months in prison on charges of participating in an illegal demonstration and misuse of social networks.The freelance cameraman Qassim Zain AlDeen, who was arrested at his home on 2 August 2013 in the run-up to the “Tamarod” demonstrations in mid-August, was sentenced in December to three months in prison on a charge of participating in an illegal demonstration. He was sentenced to an additional six months in prison on 15 January on another charge of participating in an illegal demonstration and a charge of “vandalism.” He is due to be tried on 16 February on a charge of “vandalism” inside the prison where he is being held. Coronavirus “information heroes” – journalism that saves lives News RSF_en BahrainMiddle East – North Africa Tenth anniversary of Bahraini blogger’s arrestcenter_img June 15, 2020 Find out more Help by sharing this information Receive email alerts German spyware company FinFisher searched by public prosecutors January 30, 2014 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Detained journalists and bloggers appear in court to go further BahrainMiddle East – North Africa Organisation Newslast_img read more

Oceaneering Awarded BOP Tethering Services Contract from Petrobras in Brazil

first_imgOceaneering will provide eight suction piles, 10 wellhead load relief (WLR) tensioners, a monitoring system, and one suction pile pump to install the suction piles Oceaneering awarded BOP Tethering Contract from Petrobras. (Credit: Oceaneering International, Inc.) Oceaneering International, Inc. (“Oceaneering”) is proud to announce that the company has been awarded a BOP tethering services contract offshore Brazil from Petrobras. The contract duration is one-year with the option to extend for an additional year.The scope of work includes data acquisition and real-time riser analysis for dynamic positioning rig operations for up to seven wells in water depths between 150 meters and 700 meters.Oceaneering will provide eight suction piles that will be manufactured locally as well as 10 wellhead load relief (WLR) tensioners, one monitoring system to be integrated on the BOP, and one suction pile pump to install the suction piles.An anchor handling tug supply (AHTS) vessel will launch and install the suction piles and tensioners. The drilling rig will be used to connect the tensioners to the BOP.“We appreciate Petrobras’ trust in our ability to provide dependable and cost-effective technologies and services,” said Daniel Nogueira, Manager, Oceaneering Projects Group. “This award reinforces our position and track record as a high-quality service provider in Brazil. This is an amazing opportunity for Oceaneering to expand its capabilities in Brazil with BOP anchoring services.” Source: Company Press Releaselast_img read more

Victoria Beckham’s reveals true size of hubby’s manhood

first_img Loading… When David Beckham steamed up screens with that famous Emporio Armani underwear advert, doubters accused the hunk of having had a helping hand in the tackle department. Surely that bulge couldn’t be the real deal, gawking fans wondered. David Beckham got fans hot under the collar in his Armani pants Even Beckham’s mate, James Corden, claimed the footballer had been faking it. Recreating the sizzling shoot in 2018, he told The Sun: “David told me he had more pairs of socks in his pants than I had in mine.” However, according to David’s wife Victoria, Becks is not only handsome and talented, but he’s also incredibly blessed in the downstairs department. Defending her man’s honour, she once likened his not-so-mini David to a piece of farm machinery – and a big one at that. David and Victoria both stripped off for the campaign “I’m proud I still have a really good sex life with David. He is very much in proportion,” she enthused back in 2008. “He does have a huge one, though. He does. You can see it in the advert. It is all his. It is like a tractor exhaust pipe!” However, David was once left red-faced by an awkward question from eldest son Brooklyn when he spotted his dad’s teammate Roberto Carlos coming out of the shower in the Real Madrid changing rooms. Recalling the encounter, former journalist Gordon Smart previously told the Open Goal podcast: “Brooklyn was in there with him when he was younger. Beckham was having a shower and towelling himself down and Roberto Carlos walks out naked. “And Brooklyn says to him ‘Dad, why don’t you have a thingy like that’. “He was like ‘I am David Beckham’. But he doesn’t have everything!” Back in the day, Posh loved a TMI revelation about her sex life with David, once joking on the Big Breakfast that he liked to wear her knickers. And their first martial home – the sprawling Hertfordshire estate dubbed Beckingham Palace – was kitted out with a kinky quirk or two. Revealing they’d plumped for a mirrored ceiling, the former Spice Girl told how she’d themed every room in a seriously ‘camp’ style. “There’s a room like a tart’s boudoir, with leopard print everywhere and a mirrored ceiling,” she said. “Then there’s our bedroom, which is quite virginal and white, with a big four-poster, old-oak bed.” These days though, with a fashion empire and four kids to look after, Victoria has admitted that come bed time, sticking on a pamper mask is ‘all she’s fit for’. The mansion of David and Victoria Beckham dubbed ‘Beckingham Palace’ ( Read Also: Pogba makes coronavirus fund-raising pledge “Honestly, once the children are in bed I’d rather work or shove on a face pack and pluck my eyebrows,” she told Vogue Australia in 2013. “By the time Brooklyn’s finally gone to bed, it’s all I’m fit for. Really, we’re much more normal than people think.” But as for whether she still finds her heartthrob husband irresistible, she understandably quipped, “don’t worry about that!” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img Promoted Content6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueTop Tastiest Foods From All Over The World8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits EarthTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneDid You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show You6 Best Movie Cars You Could Own But Probably Can’t Affordlast_img read more

Lampard bemoans Chelsea’s injury crisis ahead of FA Cup tie against Liverpool

first_imgRelatedPosts Lampard: I still have confidence in Tomori Lampard: Tomori won’t leave Chelsea Anjorin: I’ll fight for shirt in Chelsea except there’s a tempting loan offer Chelsea’s progress has been severely dented this season due to a number of injury setbacks, manager Frank Lampard said on Monday. Lampard said several senior players would be unavailable for Tuesday’s FA Cup fifth round clash with Liverpool as a result of this. Players such as influential midfielder N’Golo Kante have had a stop-start campaign while others like Antonio Rudiger have either returned from injury recently or been sidelined like winger Christian Pulisic. Lampard told reporters when asked why Chelsea have struggled: “There were a few (injuries) overlapping from last year, which were huge: N’Golo Kante, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Antonio Rudiger. “It’s been an issue and now we have another bulk. “There are no fresh returns from the injury list. “Andreas Christensen has got a small issue, which we are going to give another 24 hours, but probably puts him in out of the game. “Other than that we have no Tammy Abraham, no Pulisic, no Hudson-Odoi and no Kante.” Abraham, who is the club’s leading goal scorer this season with 15 goals in all competitions, suffered an ankle injury, with Lampard having no update on his return to the side. “(Abraham) went to Barcelona to get another set of eyes on it,” Lampard added. “He came back relatively positive. “Unfortunately, he’s a bit unwell at the moment. So, he’s been off for a couple of days with a bit of a bug. There’s no update, no idea when he’ll be back. “Christian has had a big phase out and is desperate to get back. When (they can return) I’m not giving an answer… I can’t see the answer. “I’m hoping they might be fit over the next week or two, I just can’t say it with clarity.” English Premier League leaders Liverpool lost their first league game of the season at Watford over the weekend. Even though Lampard believes it proved they were vulnerable, he said they have still had an “incredible season”. “They’ve become relatively human. But it’s one game,” Lampard said. “They’re a strong team and they’ve been out on their own this season. “We will have to be at our best. I don’t mind playing midweek. The FA Cup is a huge competition. Evening games bring a different atmosphere and playing Liverpool is always big for us.” Reuters/NAN.Tags: Andreas ChristensenAntonio RudigerCallum Hudson-OdoiFrank LampardN’Golo Kantelast_img read more

Recent Comments