Tag: 上海2021营业会所

New threats to privately-owned print media

first_img News RSF_en Sri LankaAsia – Pacific Sri Lanka: Journalist manhandled by notorious police inspector currently on trial to go further News News July 29, 2020 Find out more October 26, 2009 – Updated on January 20, 2016 New threats to privately-owned print media Sri Lanka: tamil reporter held on absurd terrorism charge Sri LankaAsia – Pacific center_img Organisation Reporters Without Borders urges the Sri Lankan authorities to take all necessary measures to investigate threatening letters received six days ago by Frederica Jansz and Munza Mushtaq, two journalists who work for the Leader Publications media group. “We will slice you up if you do not stop your writing,” the letters said.At the same time, senior newspaper employees have been questioned by the police about their sources in a new attack on editorial independence.“The police must treat these death threats written in red ink with the utmost seriousness, especially as they were sent to two journalists whose press group has repeatedly been the target of physical violence,” Reporters Without Borders said. “We urge the police to track down and arrest those who wrote these letters.”The press freedom organisation added: “It is also vital that the authorities order the security forces to put a stop to their unwarranted summonses and arrests of journalists, and to register the complaints submitted by journalists when they are physically attacked.”The editor-in-chief of the Sunday Leader newspaper, Jansz plans to go police headquarters in Mount Lavinia (just to the south of Colombo) on 27 October to file a complaint about the threatening letters that she and Mushtaq received on 22 October. The threats may have been prompted by the newspaper’s coverage of a video showing Sri Lankan soldiers executing unarmed men.Jansz told Reporters Without Borders the letters were similar to those received by Sunday Leader managing editor Lasantha Wickrematunge three weeks before he was murdered in January 2009. “We wrote to the police station describing the threats but the police have not even contacted me (…) The Sunday Leader’s publisher mentioned these persistent threats at a meeting with the president a few months ago. The president told one of his aides to follow up the matter, but since then there has been nothing.”Jansz and Leader Publications are currently facing three complaints brought by the president’s brother, defence secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa, one accusing her of contempt of court because she printed a profile of him in the weekly after a judge ordered the press group not to publish anything about him. The defence ministry’s website has meanwhile accused the press group’s lawyers of being traitors while another site linked to the ministry referred to some of Jansz’s comments to foreign news media as “prostitution.”In a separate case, Chandana Sirimalwatta, the editor of the newspaper Lanka Irida, was detained and questioned by the Colombo police on 17 October about his sources for an article about tension between the president and the head of the armed forces, Gen. Sarath Fonseka. The previous day, the police had gone to the newspaper’s headquarters to arrest Sirimalwatta.On 20 October, the government information office threatened to “blacklist” online media that speculated about tension within the government.Ruling party activists meanwhile attacked journalists who were accompanying opposition members on 4 October as they tried to approach a “palatial residence” allegedly built by a member of the president’s family with public funds. Five journalists were slightly hurt. One of them told Reporters Without Borders that police at the Matara police station refused to register his complaint.A few days before that, three Lanka Irida reporters were arrested near this residence on “terrorism charges”. They were later released on bail but their equipment was confiscated. News Receive email alerts Sri Lanka: RSF signs joint statement on attacks against human rights defenders, lawyers and journalists January 13, 2021 Find out more Help by sharing this information Follow the news on Sri Lanka July 15, 2020 Find out morelast_img read more

‘Failure Of Delhi Govt.Led To Spread Corona Virus’: Plea In SC Seeks Investigation In To Nizamuddin, ‘Anand Vihar Migrant Gathering Issues [Read Petition]

first_imgTop Stories’Failure Of Delhi Govt.Led To Spread Corona Virus’: Plea In SC Seeks Investigation In To Nizamuddin, ‘Anand Vihar Migrant Gathering Issues [Read Petition] Radhika Roy12 April 2020 4:42 AMShare This – xA petition has been filed before the Supreme Court of India, seeking action against the Government of NCT of Delhi for their alleged failure in containing the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and thereby, allowing it to spread in the entire country. The plea filed by Advocate-on-Record Om Prakash Parihar and Advocate Dushyant Tiwari, on behalf of Advocate Supriya Pandita, also…Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?LoginA petition has been filed before the Supreme Court of India, seeking action against the Government of NCT of Delhi for their alleged failure in containing the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and thereby, allowing it to spread in the entire country. The plea filed by Advocate-on-Record Om Prakash Parihar and Advocate Dushyant Tiwari, on behalf of Advocate Supriya Pandita, also seeks for an investigation by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) into “the matter related to the assembly of people at Anand Vihar Bus Terminal and Markaz in Nizamuddin as the Respondent No. 5 failed to control the people and the Nizamuddin Markaz chief Maulana Saad is still not arrested till now”. The Public Interest Litigation (PIL) has highlighted the advisory issued by Respondent No. 1 on 16.03.2020 on Social Distancing measures wherein religious leaders have been advised to regulate mass gatherings and to prevent overcrowding. Further, on 23.03.2020, the Prime Minister of India announced a national lockdown for a period of 21 days to prevent the spread of the virus. MIGRANT WORKERS AT ANAND VIHAR BUS TERMINAL However, despite the lockdown, on 28.03.2020, “tens of thousands of migrant workers from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, who were working in Delhi assembled outside the Anand Vihar Bus Terminal, Delhi, elbowing each other to board the first available bus that would take them to their hometown or village”. The plea states that no action was taken by Respondent No. 5, 2 and 3 to stop these workers. In fact, they arranged DTC buses to drop them at the terminal. The process was similarly repeated n 29.03.2020, “which clearly shows that the Respondents have failed to control the people from coming out from their respective houses which lead to create overcrowding at the bus station and UP-Delhi border”. The plea states that in order to tackle the spread of the virus, everyone must practice social distancing. However, despite knowing the same, the Respondents failed to stop the migrant workers and thereby violated Article 21 of the Constitution of India and provisions of Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 and Indian Penal Code, 1860. NIZAMUDDIN MARKAZ The plea goes on to highlight another incident which stems from the event which took place between 15.03.2020 and 17.03.2020 at a Markaz in Nizamuddin, wherein 24 people who had attended the event, tested positive. It has been averred that more than 2000 delegates were present at the Markaz and many have tested positive due to cluster transmission of the virus. In light of the same, Respondent No. 2 has failed to arrest the Nizamuddin Markaz chief Maulana Saad, who had organized the event. The plea submits that “the Respondent No. 2 has failed to explain till now that why huge number of people were allowed to be assembled at Anand Vihar Bus Terminal and Markaz in Nizamuddin” and that this failure evidently portrays the lack of inaction in protecting the citizen of the country from the spread of the virus. The plea also alludes to statements made by BJP Minister Mr. Kapil Mishra wherein he states that the Delhi Government “made announcements in the colonies where UP-Bihar migrants are staying in Delhi, informing them that the Delhi govt-run DTC buses will take them to the Anand Vihar Bus Terminal”. It has further been averred that the Delhi Govt has purposely cut the electricity and water supply of migrant workers, and that this requires an inquiry from the CBI. On the basis of the same, the following reliefs have been sought by the Petitioner: 1. Direction directing the Respondents to show what appropriate steps were taken by them to prevent the spread of the virus. 2. Direction directing the Respondents and the concerned authorities under them to take measures to stop people from gathering at one place and to enforce proper safety for the people who had gathered at the terminal and Markaz. 3. Direction laying down guidelines, devising strategy to protect the fundamental rights by the Respondents and the concerned authorities. 4. Direction directing the CBI to investigate the matter regarding failure to control the assembly of people at the terminal and Markaz. The petition has been listed before the Supreme Court on April 13. Click Here To Download Petition[Read Petition] Next Storylast_img read more

Oceaneering Awarded BOP Tethering Services Contract from Petrobras in Brazil

first_imgOceaneering will provide eight suction piles, 10 wellhead load relief (WLR) tensioners, a monitoring system, and one suction pile pump to install the suction piles Oceaneering awarded BOP Tethering Contract from Petrobras. (Credit: Oceaneering International, Inc.) Oceaneering International, Inc. (“Oceaneering”) is proud to announce that the company has been awarded a BOP tethering services contract offshore Brazil from Petrobras. The contract duration is one-year with the option to extend for an additional year.The scope of work includes data acquisition and real-time riser analysis for dynamic positioning rig operations for up to seven wells in water depths between 150 meters and 700 meters.Oceaneering will provide eight suction piles that will be manufactured locally as well as 10 wellhead load relief (WLR) tensioners, one monitoring system to be integrated on the BOP, and one suction pile pump to install the suction piles.An anchor handling tug supply (AHTS) vessel will launch and install the suction piles and tensioners. The drilling rig will be used to connect the tensioners to the BOP.“We appreciate Petrobras’ trust in our ability to provide dependable and cost-effective technologies and services,” said Daniel Nogueira, Manager, Oceaneering Projects Group. “This award reinforces our position and track record as a high-quality service provider in Brazil. This is an amazing opportunity for Oceaneering to expand its capabilities in Brazil with BOP anchoring services.” Source: Company Press Releaselast_img read more

Recent Comments