Tag: 夜上海论坛JU

Timeline for OurSpace playground rebuild announced

first_imgAdditionally, the city is looking for skilled laborers to help build the project. If you are looking to volunteer for the rebuild, you may email [email protected] Around $265,000 has been raised in donations for the rebuild. However, the city says it is still waiting for a final determination from the insurance company. The project is expected to take seven days and is weather dependent. “The day after a fire destroyed OurSpace, we made a commitment to rebuild,” said Mayor Rich David in a press release sent to 12 News. According to city officials, the cost of the rebuild will be around $860,000 and will be fully reliant on donations and insurance. BINGHAMTON (WBNG) — The rebuilding of the OurSpace playground is scheduled to begin on Aug. 17.center_img It was destroyed in a fire on June 1. OurSpace playground was a fully-accessible playground for children with disabilities. “OurSpace means so much to so many Binghamton residents, and we have been reminded of that by the incredible outpouring of support from the community since the fire. Let this rebuilding serve a symbol of unity and resilience in uncertain times,” he said. Binghamton officials say the fire was unrelated to protests over the death of George Floyd that occurred the night before.last_img read more

Bentaleb set to join Newcastle on loan from Schalke

first_img Promoted Content6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone8 Things You Didn’t Know About CoffeeA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithAlbino Animals: A Rare Kind Of Ultimate BeautyWhat’s Up With All The Female Remakes?7 Reasons It’s Better To Be A VeganMind-Bending Technology That Was Predicted Before It AppearedYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime13 kids at weddings who just don’t give a hoot The Algerian international is on Tyneside having a medical and will join the Toon Army until the end of the season later this afternoon. The 25-year-old left Spurs for the German club in 2017 but has been relegated to the reserves by former Huddersfield head coach David Wagner. In December, Bentaleb said: “The situation with the club is a bit complicated at the moment. “That’s no secret. To be concrete, they don’t want me to train with the first-team squad or to be associated with the squad in any way.” Magpies boss Steve Bruce is also close to finalising a loan deal for right winger Valentino Lazaro from Inter Milan. The Austrian’s agent was shown around St. James’ Park before Newcastle’s dramatic 1-0 win over Chelsea on Saturday. And Bruce hopes the move will be completed in the next two days.Advertisement Newcastle United are close to announcing the loan signing of ex-Tottenham midfielder Nabil Bentaleb from Schalke. Loading… He said: “His agent was at St James’ Park at the weekend and we hope we can develop it. Unfortunately, when it gets out like it does, it adds to the competition so we’ll see what the next 24 or 48 hours bring.” Bruce also admitted he will be forced to sign another left-back after both Jetro Willems and Paul Dummett were ruled out for the season. On-loan Dutch international Willems ruptured his ACL against Chelsea and may have played his last game for the Magpies. Bruce is a big fan of Willems and was hopeful of signing him on a permanent deal but he has now returned to parent club Eintracht Frankfurt in Germany. Read Also:Abraham orders Chelsea to revenge on rivals Arsenal after Newcastle defeat And the win against Frank Lampard’s side as further soured with news that Dummett will also not play again this season after hobbling off against Wolves earlier this month with a tendon injury. Bruce added: “In that respect, it’s been a bad weekend. We’ve been unfortunate. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more

Wiegman to succeed Neville as England coach

first_imgRelatedPosts Unknown Nigerian joins Swindon Town Tottenham’s Dier gets four-game ban for confronting fan Dele Alli gets one-match ban Sarina Wiegman will be the next head coach of England’s women’s national team, the Football Association has confirmed.The Netherlands coach, who was named The Best FIFA Women’s Coach in 2017 after leading the Dutch to the UEFA Women’s EURO title on home soil, will take charge as Phil Neville’s successor in September 2021. Wiegman’s first major tournament with the Lionesses will be another home Women’s EURO, although first she will lead the Netherlands into the Women’s Olympic Football Tournament in Tokyo.She said: “I’m delighted and honoured to join England Women next year. England is the cradle of football and the major developments in women’s football globally over recent years have been led by The FA. I’m very much looking forward to contributing my experience and expertise to this ambitious team.“The ride with the ‘Oranje Lionesses’ has been amazing so far, but we haven’t reached our final destination yet. There are two more goals: qualifying for the UEFA Women’s EURO in 2022 and challenging at the Olympics next summer. That would be a fitting completion for me of everything we’ve strived to achieve in women’s football in my home country.”Neville, meanwhile, will continue as England coach until July 2021, with a decision yet to be taken on who will coach Team GB at next year’s Olympics.The FA’s chief executive, Mark Bullingham, who will be involved in those talks, said of Wiegman’s appointment: “We are thrilled to have secured Sarina to lead the Lionesses until 2025. She was the outstanding candidate from a very strong field. Having won a home EURO in 2017 and leading the Netherlands to the final of the FIFA Women’s World Cup last year, she is a proven winner and we are confident she can take England to the next level, giving us the best possible opportunity of achieving our ambition to win a major tournament.” The FA’s director of women’s football, Sue Campbell, added: “It speaks volumes for the progress of England Women over recent years and the bold ambitions we have for the future that we had so many world-class candidates apply for the role.“Sarina was our number-one choice. She is the perfect cultural fit for us, which is crucially important in building a winning team. Her technical expertise, leadership skills and winning mentality is hugely impressive.“I am confident that together with our incredible support staff and ambitious, talented playing squad she can help us achieve the international success we are striving for.”Tags: FAPhil NevilleSarina WiegmanThe Best FIFA Women’s Coachlast_img read more

Tosin Oke, Quarter mile Trio Fail to Make final

first_imgAlso yesterday, the trio of Patience Okon George, Yinka Ajayi and Margaret Bamgbose all failed in their bids to make the final of the women’s 400m event.While George ran 52.60secs to place 7th in the first semi final, Ajayi clocked 52.10 to place 6th in the second semi final. Bamgbose’s 52.23 placed her in the eight spot to complete a trio of bad outing for Team Nigeria in the women quarter mile.The 400m that was predicted to raise another dust-up between Shaunae Miller-Uibo and Allyson Felix in the 400m final but 19-year-old Salwa Eid Nasser from Bahrain has put herself into medal contention after running down Felix in the home straight in the second semifinal, 50.08 and 50.12. Olympic champion Shaunae Miller-Uibo won the first semifinal in 50.36, switching off in the home straight.Despite the poor outing for the quarter milers, the performance of Nathaniel in the 400m hurdles however raised some hope for the Nigerian officials at the championships.Nathaniel thus has thus become the fifth Nigerian woman after Maria Usifo (1987), Omolade Akinremi (1995), Muizat Ajoke Odumosu (2009 and 2011) and Amaka Ogoegbunam (2009) to qualify for the semi-final of the event.No Nigerian has made it to the final of the event in the history of the championships.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram IAAF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS* Nathaniel qualifies for 400m hurdles semisDuro IkhazuagbeApart from Glory Onome Nathaniel who ran a new personal best of 55.30secs to qualify for the women’s 400m hurdles, there was nothing to cheer for all Nigerian athletes who were in action on Day 4 at the ongoing 16th IAAF World Championships at the Olympic Stadium in London.Reigning African triple jump champion, Tosin Oke, failed to make the final of the men’s triple jump event at the Championships. The dismal 16.17m he jumped in yesterday’s qualification round was the worst performance from the former British junior international.Oke, finalist at the 15th edition of the championships two years ago in Beijing, China will now watch the final as a spectator on Thursday night.last_img read more

Recent Comments