Tag: ylmap 最新地址

Working group to suggest changes to laws obstructing investigative journalism

first_imgNews News Investigative journalists in France increasingly find themselves under threat of prosecution. A working group that will bring together journalists, film directors, TV producers, broadcasters, unions, jurists and judges will propose specific, detailed legislative reforms to the justice ministry. Meeting at 3:00 p.m. on Monday, 4 October. May 10, 2021 Find out more Organisation FranceEurope – Central Asia News RSF_en Use the Digital Services Act to make democracy prevail over platform interests, RSF tells EU Receive email alerts to go further Follow the news on France RSF denounces Total’s retaliation against Le Monde for Myanmar story News June 4, 2021 Find out more “We’ll hold Ilham Aliyev personally responsible if anything happens to this blogger in France” RSF says September 21, 2004 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Working group to suggest changes to laws obstructing investigative journalism FranceEurope – Central Asia June 2, 2021 Find out more Police detention, searches, indictments – investigative journalists in France increasingly find themselves under constant threat of judicial proceedings in the course of their work. If the laws are not changed, journalists will probably be unable to carry on working with complete freedom and independence. The legislation regulating the confidentiality of judicial enquiries, presumption of innocence, protection of reputation and confidentiality of journalistic sources is all excessively restrictive for investigative journalists, who need new laws in order to be able to work harmoniously with the authorities.For this reason, Reporters Without Borders, the French Federation of News Agencies and reporters in the field are forming a working group that will bring together journalists, film directors, TV producers, broadcasters, unions, jurists and judges.The aim of this working group is to present specific, detailed proposals to the justice ministry as soon as possible that would prevent investigative journalists from being subject to systematic bureaucratic obstruction and judicial proceedings.The first working meeting will take place at 3:00 p.m. on Monday, 4 October at the Centre d’Accueil de la Presse Etrangère (CAPE), Maison de Radio France, 116 av. du Président Kennedy, 75016 Paris.Public transport:RER C – Kennedy Radio FranceBus 72 Radio France Pont-de-GrenelleBus 70 Radio FranceAnyone who would like to participate in this working group should contact:Reporters Without BordersEurope DeskPhone: +33 1 4483-8465Fax: +33 1 4523-1151E-mail: [email protected] Help by sharing this information last_img read more

Personal account : Fathimath Nisreen, cyber-dissident imprisoned in the Maldives

first_img Organisation December 2, 2004 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Personal account : Fathimath Nisreen, cyber-dissident imprisoned in the Maldives Follow the news on Maldives News Receive email alerts July 15, 2020 Find out more April 23, 2018 Find out more News to go further MaldivesAsia – Pacific RSF seeks press freedom pledges from Maldives presidential candidates MaldivesAsia – Pacific Maldivian president’s comms chief accused of sexually harassing journalist Help by sharing this information RSF calls for open trial of Maldivian blogger’s accused murderers RSF_en “I was never physically tortured. But the psychological scars from what I underwent in prison are irreversible.” Fathimath Nisreen was arrested in January 2002 for helping to publish an e-mail newsletter called Sandhaanu that covered human rights violations and corruption in the Maldives. Accused of “libel” and “trying to overthrow the government,” she was sentenced to 10 years in prison. This was commuted to five years banishment on Feeail island in 2003. Fathimath was just 22 years old at the time of her trial. A peaceful gathering in protest against the regime began in the capital, Male, on the evening of 12 August 2004, while Fathimath was being allowed to spend several weeks there. Although under house arrest, she was able to participate in the protest. She agreed to talk about the violent crackdown that ensued.”People I did not know came to fetch me by motorcycle on the night of 13 August 2004, asking me to come to a pro-democracy demonstration which had begun that morning in Republic Square. I agree to go with them. I addressed the crowd there, speaking about my experiences and the unfair conviction of which I was a victim. This entirely peaceful rally lasted all night. At 11 a.m. the next day, the National Security Services told the demonstrators to go home. The television and radio relayed these instructions. But no one moved.At around 2:30 p.m., I heard the wail of a siren. I quickly realized the police were going to use tear gas to disperse us. The NSS launched their attack at 3 p.m., using tear gas and raining blows on the demonstrators. I was a bit to one side and watched this terrible scene without being able to react. I don’t understand how these people, who are supposed to protect us, were able to beat us without good reason. I was really traumatised by what I saw that day. More than three months later, I still see what happened in my nightmares. I still have etched in my memory the image of a young boy of about 15 or 16 being beaten with a baton.Some policemen finally came over to me and threatened to hit me. That’s when I fled. I know they would come looking for me at my home, but I went home all the same. They came in the evening and put me into an NSS jeep, handcuffed and blindfolded. While being detained, a policeman behind me touched my genitals. I would never have believed that members of the security services would do anything like that. It was disgusting.At first I spent two days, still handcuffed and blindfolded, in a room with 25 other detainees, men and women. It was only on the third day that they told me that I had been arrested for taking part in an illegal gathering. I was questioned for the first time on 17 August. I told them I wanted to see my lawyer, but they refused, telling me that President Gayoom had proclaimed a state of emergency and that any basic right could be violated during this period. I was never physically tortured during the subsequent interrogation sessions, but they shouted at me and tried to scare me.I was transferred to Dhoonidhu prison on 21 August and shut in a small cell with another woman detainee. My mother was able to visit me for the first time. She had been deeply shocked by my arrest and seemed to be suffering from depression. After her visit, I prayed every day for her.They interrogated me several times. One day, they asked me if I wanted the president to resign. I replied that I found it intolerable that a man used religion to keep himself in power and that, furthermore, there was no justice in my country because of him. The police insulted me on several occasions during these interrogation sessions, even calling me a prostitute.I got out of prison on 24 October. Prior to that, I had to undergo a final interrogation in which the police tried to make me sign a statement. I refused to do so in my lawyer’s absence. When I read the statement, I saw that several of the things I had said had been changed and that entire passages had been added. They finally agreed to put me under house arrest without my signing the statement.I was never physically tortured. But the psychological scars from what I underwent in prison are irreversible. Today I am more determined that ever to fight so that we are respected as human beings. Our suffering won’t stop as long as this regime endures. Fortunately, I have faith in God, who works for humankind’s good and who will always support us.”Fathimath Nisreen should shortly be sent to Feeail Island to serve her sentence of banishment. She has suffered from back pain since she went to prison but has not received appropriate medical treatment. September 12, 2018 Find out more News Fathimath Nisreen was arrested in January 2002 for contributing to a newsletter critical of the government. Although she was sentenced to banishment on a small island in the archipeligo, in August 2004 she was given permission to take up temporary residence in the capital. The cyberdissident was imprisoned yet again after taking part in a pro-democracy demonstration. She describes her ordeal in prison. Newslast_img read more

Indians Swimming Sectional Prelims Results

first_imgMilan Boys Swimming Sectional Prelims Results @ Columbus.Jarrod Nichols Broke 2 School Records Thursday night at Sectional Prelims. He broke his own school record in the 200 IM (2:16.93) and Broke the 100 Breaststroke record (1:07.73)The 200 Medley Relay qualified 9th —- Nataniel Walter, Jarrod Nichols, Dillon Richardson, Zach Seithel.The 200 Freestyle Relay qualified 11th — Zach Seithel, Devon Rosenbarger, Trevor Richardson, Brandon Summers.The 400 Freestyle Relay qualified 10th — Brandon Summers, Devon Rosenbarger, Dillon Richardson, Jarrod NicholsAll of the Milan’s Swimmers that swam on Thursday qualified for Finals on Saturday.Submitted by Milan Coach Steve Stock with Milan AD Jon Prifogle.last_img read more

Recent Comments